Páginas vistas

lunes, 27 de octubre de 2014

Stephen Hawking on Facebook

Stephen Hawking.StarChild.jpg
Stephen Hawking's Facebook page has experienced a big bang of followers, reaching nearly 900,000 in a couple of weeks. Now the most famous theoretical physicist since Albert Einstein has a message for his fans:
I have always wondered what makes the universe exist. Time and space may forever be a mystery, but that has not stopped my pursuit. Our connections to one another have grown infinitely and now that I have the chance, I’m eager to share this journey with you. Be curious, I know I will forever be.
Welcome, and thank you for visiting my Facebook Page. -SH
"I greatly enjoyed the STARMUS festival. It is a combination of science and rock music, both of which I love. I was interested in the talks by the astronauts and why the Soviet Union didn’t beat Neil Armstrong to the Moon. I will have to read the transcript, because I didn’t understand the translation. I enjoyed hearing how Bob Wilson eliminated pigeons, they thought the microwave background was caused by pigeon droppings, and Richard Dawkins on alien life. Some people say I’m an alien myself, with my robot voice.

I hope there is a STARMUS next year, and you invite me. -SH "
Hawking, of course, is most famous for his work with black holes and the Big Bang. In November, he is getting the Hollywood treatment with "The Theory of Everything," a movie detailing his first marriage and his early battles with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). His first Facebook message garnered a "Like" from his employer, the University of Cambridge, which added, "Nice to see you here Stephen Hawking."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario